Monday, June 09, 2008

Our first "going away party"

Yesterday afternoon the youth group had a going away party for us. This is an event that has been in the making for awhile now and so the reality of us leaving in one month hit me hard yesterday. I so don't feel ready to go... I am having a lot of mixed emotions- mostly sad. I think this is consistent with the way I process, 1st stage: overly optimistic, 2nd stage: overly sad, and 3rd stage: realistic. I think I have moved into the overly sad stage and will be here for awhile. Jason and I have a great life here and leaving will be hard- yes I realize we will grow and learn much but change is very hard. I wish I could have all the people I love together and hold them really close and tight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kara, the overly sad feeling is mutual on my end. You and Jason have been such good friends to us, and the thought of you being gone for the last year that we are hear is very sad. Yet inspite of the sadness, I am excited for what this coming year holds for you and Jason, and really look forward to hearing all about it via phone and internet. I hope you can make it to the realistic stage sooner rather than later.;)