Thursday, December 13, 2007

THE COUNT

So far I have 9 interviews, 1 rejection, and 4 more to be decided by Friday.

I can't even begin to tell you how amazed I am. Honestly, I was hoping for a couple of interviews and would have been thrilled with 4. Jason, Mindy, and I would joke about only being able to take 7 due to finances. So far I am flying to 3 places and trying to knock out 2 interviews per air flight. And it just so happens that J & I have been accruing air miles for the last 7 and a half years. Right now (perfect timing) we have enough for 4 round trip tickets. I have 5 interviews scheduled, am negotiating with 1 site, and am trying to decide if I should go to the 3 others..... We are thinking "so do we really want to live in Florida, Connecticut, or California?" I think Connecticut is out and Florida might be in its way too but we vacillate with California because even though it is expensive. it is the closest to our family who we are already starting to miss and nothing is finalized yet! The locations of the sites I have already confirmed interviews are: Kentucky, Tennessee, Louisiana, and NY. The sites in Kentucky and Tennessee are only 2 hrs apart so J will hopefully join me on this trip and we will drive from site to site. Jason and I haven't done much traveling since our honeymoon so this will be a fun adventure for us. I love car trips, as a result of my childhood vacations:)- thanks Dad and Mom, but J doesn't seem to get excited about them unless it is in APPALACHIA territory. Looks like this trip will be a WIN WIN- I love when that happens! Thanks for all your prayers and your willingness to hear me talk about my grad school experiences over and over. Friends and family I could not have done this with out you all- thanks for your love and support. MORE TO COME...

2 comments:

Annie said...

I am so excited for you. Tell Jason to watch out for that white lightning! It should be a fun adventure for you both.

Karli Del Biondo said...

Hi Kara,
How exciting! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Have fun on your travel adventures. Karli