Thursday, December 20, 2007

The FIRST INTERVIEW

I am proud to say that I DID IT- I made it through my first interview and feel pretty good about the whole thing to be honest. The best part of the interview was my ability to be ME- really me. I wasn't overly nervous and I felt comfortable. The interviewers asked thoughtful questions but not the kind that are really a "TEST" Other than its location I was ready to rank the site today. The population is ideal, I'd be working in a foster boarding home and a group home of unwed mothers and their children (0-5). The staff seemed warm and knowledgeable. It is a Catholic organization so faith is acknowledged and accepted. Therapy and diagnosis are emphasized and the orientation is both dynamic and cbt. It was a great place for a first interview - I thought to myself at one point, "Kara, you really do know a lot about working with kids." It was a confidence booster. I am glad it is over and I look forward to a few weeks of rest in between the next set of interviews.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Good Job! Call me when you get a chance, I don't want to interupt you. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Could a Moma and Daddy be more proud of their little girl being able to be just herself, I think not! Just who you are is perfect!