Thursday, December 06, 2007

Deep Roots: Part I

Today I blog about many things because I can- I am actually taking the time to sit at a coffee shop, sip on coffee, and write about the things I WANT TO- hope you enjoy

I saw a picture that reminded me of my love of lakes and rivers. (I'd post the picture but can't get it to work!) As a child my parents took the family camping every year and on these vacations we would swim, ski, inter-tube, float, wade, or any other activity that one could do in water. These are my favorite childhood memories- I was free to run a muck. I fondly think of the warm summer days lounging around with my loving family and surmise that summer is in fact my favorite season because of these formidable experiences. As an adult I realize how much work it was for my parents- thank you Mom and Dad for working so hard on my behalf! I am indebted to you for the love and affection you have shown me throughout the years!

The picture also reminded me of the many summers I spent at Dorena lake as a teenager. Koy'a I think fondly of the years we spent growing together. You are the kind of sister who loves, loves, loves, and loves some more. Jason tries to analyze our relationship and often says, "Kara you take care of Koy'a more like an the oldest sibling would." I of course pipe in and say, "Koy'a takes care of me too J. We are this way (naturally I psychologize our relationship- just trying to remain consistent)because we shared a room and even when we didn't we still acted like we be. We were only 19 months apart- In my memory Koy'a has always been there and will always will be. This makes "us" special friends." Koy'a thank you for loving me, enjoying me, and pursuing me.

Naturally this brings me to Kaysia- my adult years have been showered with Kaysia's generosity. She has been the "older sister" who naturally helped her little sis out time and again. I think fondly of when I first moved to "her" city and she made the time to work out with me- oh the YMCA. I think it was Kaysh who got me into exercising- most who know me when asked about me would mention my enthusiasm for exercise and would find it hard to imagine me without it. What a great example Kaysh was for a young, very young (late bloomer:) aspiring girl in a new city. Thanks Kaysh for loving me with both your words and deeds throughout the years. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and know that I can always count on you.

More to come on my roots....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you too sister!! I am so honored to have such a friend for a sister!! Glad to see blogging again.

love you,
koy'a

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.