Thursday, January 24, 2008

Breaking the silence...

I am in a blog funk..... For the last several months (dating back to the start of internship applications and prelim dissertation deadlines- August?)although I love to chat it up, I haven't been in the "mood" to blog. Quite frankly my energy level has been depleted and the last thing I feel like doing, inside or outside of school, is writing. Even though I've been away from school the last month, I have been exhausted by internship interviews. Some of the interview days were from 8am to 6pm with 7 personal interviews packed in and I needed 2 days to rest off the nerves and prepare for the next one. My words have been taken up and my creativity spent. The good news is that things are a changing as I finished the last of my in person interviews on Tuesday! This trip was simply wonderful for several reasons:

1. It marked the end of my 5 week travel with only 4 days spent at home.

2. My younger sister Koy'a joined me and we had a girl's weekend- I can't remember the last time it was just the 2 of us!

3. The part of Cali we visited was 5 miles from the beach and the town was more beautiful than expected! The landscape was very green and the hills were a rollings.

4. I didn't have to fly alone- I have decided that I really don't like to fly and being alone only makes it worse.

5. I celebrated the completion of my last interview with a movie (Juno), shopping (BR), and a 30 minute massage with my sister.

Well, those are just a few of the top reasons why this trip was so relaxing and refreshing. As the words return I hope to find myself back in the mood to share the happenings of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved spending time with you~ I am truly blessed to have such a great sister and friend! Thanks for having me!

love
Ko