Friday, February 22, 2008

Today is that FRIDAY!

I awoke this morning at 6:20 to find an email awaiting me from National Matching Services Inc. I couldn't bring myself to read it right away so I went to the bathroom and then read a few friend's emails informing me that they had been matched. Finally, I opened the email and found that I too had been matched. Thankfulness and sadness gripped my heart....Thankful that the work is done (those that didn't match have to enter the Clearinghouse on Monday and start the interviewing process all over again). Sad because on Monday we'll find out where we are going and the chances of staying in the area are slim to none. All along I've been telling J, "its only for a year." And it is but we are so rooted here and I really, really don't want to leave our family and friends. I'll post the news on Monday.....

5 comments:

Charity and John said...

Hi kara, so I am curious, what is the news?? do you know where you are going to be? looks like we will be moving up that way next January...

kara said...

Hi Charity-
looks like we are headed to Knoxville, TN. What are you guys moving up here for?

Charity and John said...

Wow, Tennessee! I have a friend in Nashville. How close are they? I will come visit! We will be moving for John's first job out of college. He has offers from KPMG and Deloitte (both accounting firms) and he just had second round interviews with PricewaterhouseCoopers, this is for a summer internship. Then he will be back for Fall term of school, then start the job most likely in January. We need to catch up again!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kara!

I am excited to see here that you are going to TN! That should be an adventure.
I sent you an email, we have been soooo sick around here, fevers, flu's you name it. I will call once we are better.
Love,
Holly
Also, check out my new blog. Oh the adventures of a stay at home mom trying to make some $$$.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.