Monday, May 05, 2008

good morning

I stumbled across this quote this morning and it spoke volumes to me about the anxiety within that I try to avoid daily. At times it seems counter-intuitive to think that if I choose to avoid my anxiety it will only get BIGGER, forcing me to deal with it eventually. I just want it to go away because honestly it feels too messy to deal with. So I think, "By not acknowledge the anxiety it will go away." I've tried this a few times and it doesn't seem to be effective or a very efficient way of handling my emotions. This quote spoke of my experiential finding.....

"When you repress or suppress those things which you don't want to live with, you don't solve the problem because you don't bury the problem dead- you bury it alive. It remains alive and active inside you." John Powell

No comments: