Saturday, May 05, 2007

Our Second Bathroom


This is a view of the laundry area and bathroom coming down the stairs from the kitchen. At this point we had put up the walls to separate the 2 rooms, finished the plumbing, and filled in the big dirt hole with cement. You can see our patch-work behind the laundry sink.

The view from the stairs is much more endearing now.


You are looking at the back wall of our bathroom. The pipes have been inspected and we are ready to finish the framing.









This is the shower stall- we had to frame in the pipes that hung down from the ceiling so my father-in-law made it match the shower floor. What would we have done without Father Art?



With the help of my brother-in-law Joel, we got awesome tile and with the help of my mom we laid the tile in the shower- you never know when a tube of liquid nails will come in handy. I now keep an emergency supply in my furnace room- just in case.


This was a team project: Jason's great idea to use the same tile for the counter top- I love it! Kara and Father Art's team work to get it laid and finally Father and Son grouted and sealed the deal.


Now for the finishing touches- mirror above the sink, drawer knobs, paint the baseboards and the walls that we messed up while tiling and putting in the cabinet and toilet. We are so close to having 2 functional bathrooms- the hard work has been well worth the almost finished product! Jason and I couldn't have done it without the help of our family- thank you for the time, energy, and love that you've poured into our home.

5 comments:

Swimming In Laundry said...

What a beautiful room! I love the tile around the sink. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

wow Kara that looks better than I could have ever imagined!! You have great taste!! I love the tile!!! I think I am going to use the same idea in the boy's bath. so can you use the shower yet?

kara said...

Thanks ladies-
we are not using the shower yet because I really want the whole room finished before we start using it- I am afraid we won't really complete it if we start using it. Plus the caulking around the baseboards just got done last night and until that was done we hadn't wanted to risk moisture (=mold) getting under the wood. So maybe it'll be up and running by the end of the week- no promises!

Annie said...

OK I'm leaving a comment, and not just because you want me to! I didn't know that your sisters had blogs, now I have to read them too. Hmm, looks like a lot of hard work to me, but I've said that about your whole house all along. It looks really great. When I buy a house you have to come pick my colors. God has not blessed me with color "skills".

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO Cute!! Way to go family! I feel blessed to be able to see the progress from beginning to end:)