Thursday, May 15, 2008

Money, Sex, and Power by Richard Foster

I finally finished this book today. It has taken me almost one year to complete because it is quite thought provoking and convicting. I have thoroughly enjoyed the book because of the counter-culture perspective it presents and its applicable nature to my daily life.

In reading the epilogue today, I really appreciated this section on Living the Vows

"The vows of simplicity, fidelity, and service are for all Christians at all times. They are categorical imperatives for obedient followers of the obedient Christ. They are the beginning point from which we explore the depths of the spiritual life and discover our mission in the world...The vows call us to a vigorous social witness. We stand in contradiction to the dominant culture, which has given its soul to the vows of greed, permissiveness, and selfishness. We critique empty values of contemporary society, and call it to joyful discipleship to Christ."

2 comments:

Big Sexxxy said...

I love the quote! I am great full that you are posting more often also. Blessings...Jake

Big Sexxxy said...

I love the quote! I am great full that you are posting more often also. Blessings...Jake