Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wrapping up loose ends

I have stumbled across another weakness of mine or shall I say it has been brought to my attention that some of my behavior is counter-productive to my relationships. So here it is, I am a starter but not always a timely finisher. I am enthusiastic about the beginning and jump in head first. I get going on the project but sometimes leave a lot of loose ends to be taken care of later (date still to be decided). This causes me a great deal of anxiety and worry because I usually have to hold on to all little pieces that need to be wrapped up. Well this might work, and probably use to when I was working on one or two projects at a time, but now that I have at least 10 things going all the time the loose ends are strangling me! I see this affecting my relationships too because it means when trying to focus on any one thing or person I have a zillion other thoughts of what I need to do next- so much for quality time. I am jumping all over the place all the time just trying to manage the loose ends. Also, I often lack a sense of accomplishment because by the time I complete the project I am so mad at myself for dragging it on that there is no celebration in its completion! In fact most tasks usually become dreaded by the end and I am just relieved to be finally done. I am not sure how to remedy this problem but am confident that I will have many more opportunities to practice wrapping up loose ends in a timely fashion.

1 comment:

Big Sexxxy said...

1st I can relate to what you are saying cause I tend to be the same way. 2nd I haven't read that book but I must since you are recommending it. 3rd Mark you calender for June 21st on your calender cause we are throwing a huge bbq. Free food! 4th we need to get together!