Thursday, January 18, 2007

Comfort Clothes

I have officially had the longest weekend ever- 6 days and counting..... I have enjoyed the time at home and am surprised by my productivity despite the inclination to just lie around and soak up the snow. Burr- it has been cold around here. I have found myself layering up each day for warmth and for comfort. In fact for the last 3 days I have layered myself up in the exact same clothes everyday. Yep that's right the same clothes, everyday- Jeans, tank top, thermal and a sweater I bought with my cousin at goodwill when I was 16. You might be tempted to attribute this crazy behavior to the weather but let me dissuade you my friend because on most weekends I do the same. I have favorite comfy clothes for each season and I look forward to wearing them often. Not to mention that it cuts down on the morning routine to already have an outfit that's not only picked out but tried out. I misled you when I disclosed this behavior was isolated to the weekend. During the week I spend my days at a variety of places- school, work and practicum. It is common for me to shuffle between 3 outfits for the whole week (and sometimes just 2 ). I think this behavior is innate. My niece has a favorite shirt and if her mom let her she would wear it around the clock- trust my sister did not nurture this sort of behavior. I like the simplification this adds to my life and I admire the kid in me that enjoys this so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She does love her shirt. In fact, she now has a favorite pair of pants to go with that shirt...both red. I can understand comfort clothes and am trying to honor her choices in apparel. Wish me luck!