Sunday, January 14, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again.

Well it looks like, for the first time since we have been married Jason and I will be traveling this summer. I grew up taking car trips to California every summer to see family and to enjoy the sunshine. When not visiting family for our holiday, it was typical for us to drive hundreds of miles to site see and vacation. In fact some of my fondest memories are of the family driving through the night, sleeping in the car and using the trucker's bathrooms to shower and get ready for the next leg of the trip. I thought this was how all families vacationed. So now that I am all grown up and married I find out that not all families vacationed this way. Needless to say Jason does not like long car rides and in fact he is pretty content staying home. This does have its up sides too. However, it means that we do not travel much. I must admit that every summer we do get away, just not far away. All this to say that, we are planning a trip to New York this summer to see Jason's sister and some college friends. It all started when a friend from school offered us some tickets as her husband works for a airline (THANK YOU L). At this discounted rate Jason and I decided to try something new. Mostly because this summer might be our last opportunity for a while to go East. Generously, Jason agreed to site see and let me plan some of the trip. So - we are flying into DC (neither of us have been there) and meeting up with his sister's family, then we'll be off to Boston (another location neither of us have been) we will then head to upstate NY to stay with Jason's sister. Hopefully while we are there we will visit Montreal (yet another location we have not seen). The last half of our trip will be spent with our college friends and their little boy and new baby. We will head up to NY for a few days and fly out there. I am really excited about the trip and can't wait to see our family and friends.

1 comment:

Gail said...

i live right outside of dc...i'd be happy to give you some helpful hints for a fun vacation...